This section has highlights of the experience of Aidias Consulting Group in industry sectors where Aidias Consulting Group has formidable experience
Experience in Automobile & Allied Industries
Aidias Consulting Group has extensive experience in automobile and allied industries. Some of the highlights are given below:
Tata Motors Limited- Training of dealer sales staff in 10 metros to improve the soft skills of the salespeople. The key success was minimum variation in the training delivery despite 10 different trainers conducting the programme in different cities. The innovation in content creation and ‘Train the Trainers’ programme of these 10 trainers was the key to success. The content was curated from scratch by Aidias Consulting Group which included scripting, directing and supervising the edit of training videos which were shot for the training. The training created huge impact within Tata Motors. Dealers requested the senior management at Tata Motors to get a ‘Train the Trainer’ done for the internal trainers of Tata Motors by Aidias Consulting Group. This was curated and delivered for the internal trainers of Tata Motors Limited. Finally, the senior management insisted on a half-day module of the soft skills programme during the launch training of the sales team for Altroz.
CEAT Limited- CEAT has been a long association with Aidias Consulting Group which started with a mystery audit for CEAT Shoppes (exclusive CEAT Tyres outlets) to capture the customer experience at the Shoppes. Based on the findings a pilot training programme of the staff at the shoppes was created and the training was delivered to the staff before the opening of the shoppe. Post the training CEAT monitored the business results in these shoppes. The results were impressive. Thereafter, Aidias Consulting Group has recruited dedicated trainers to train staff across 350 CEAT Shoppes across India. The training content was jointly created by Aidias Consulting Group with CEAT. The business impact has motivated CEAT to curate and run a refresher programme in Phase 2 of the project.
Maruti Suzuki Limited- Aidias Consulting Group has been engaged on one assignment by Maruti Suzuki. This was a 3-day training programme to develop the supervisory skills of newly promoted supervisors in the company. The feedback score of the training delivered was 9/10.
Kataria Automobiles- Kataria Automobiles is largest dealership network in Maruti currently. At the time of its association with Aidias Consulting Group; it was ranked 4th in the country. They operate only in Gujarat in multiple locations. The assignment of Aidias Consulting Group was a combination of strategic consulting and training. Through its intervention, the service load increased by 23%; renewal of insurance increased from 48% to 61% and sales of genuine accessories during the purchase of new cars went up from 72% to 83%. This is an excellent case study on use of data analysis for strategy making and implementation for huge impact on business results.
Experience in Education
Aidias Consulting Group has extensive experience in the Education sector with different types of educational institutes. Few are highlighted in this section.
ICA Edu Skills- Presently, ICA is one of the largest players in the skill development industry in India. Aidias Consulting Group has been associated with ICA since 2005 and has been an integral part of the growth and journey of the organisation. ICA is a classic case where Aidias Consulting Group has deployed all the services offered by itself. These are:
- Marketing, branding and ‘Go to Market Strategy’ based on market research amongst students conducted at an all India level
- Introducing HR policy including designing and successful implementation of the PMS process in the organisation
- HR Audit to reorganise teams when the manpower count increased dramatically after the skill development initiative undertaken by the Government of India
- Customised training at all levels of hierarchy including managerial effectiveness and leadership development programmes
- Build-Operate-Transfer the digital marketing function for ICA which included the identification and purchase of lead management software and its integration with the existing ERP of ICA
- Deployment of mpower-u for assessment of managerial staff in the government business and training thereafter to achieve business targets
- Guiding the owners in preparing ICA for external funding successfully
- In 2005, ICA reported a turnover of 3 crores with operations in and around Kolkata. In 2020, ICA reports a turnover of 160 crores with operations in all states of India.
Sushila Birla Girls School- Sushila Birla Girls School (SBGS) was residing under the shadow of the boys’ school from the same group. The imagery of the school was not attracting students from educated families where the head of the family was working for any corporate organisation. Majority of the students were from families with trading background and the composition lacked cosmopolitan flavour. Aidias Consulting Group guided the school in rebranding and repositioning the school to address the business issues. A well-designed digital marketing and promotion strategy was formulated and executed to continuously and consistently enhance the image of the school. Results suggest that SBGS now features in the top 3 positions in customer surveys regarding schools and the mix of students has shifted by 7 percentage points within 3 years of the implementing the new strategy.
Cambridge Marketing College, UK- Aidias Consulting Group has observed the growing propensity of Indians to avail foreign education. It believes that foreign education imparted in India will have great demand. The market is already buzzing with institutions like IITs collaborate with prominent global universities to offer programmes in India. This is operating at the top end of the segment. Aidias Consulting Group partnered Cambridge Marketing College, UK to bring International Certificate Programmes to India. The services offered to Cambridge Marketing College included ‘Go to Market’ strategy, executing the strategy in India including digital marketing, student counselling, tutor identification and certification and delivering the programmes. Aidias Consulting Group has admitted and trained over 50 students in digital marketing certificate programme and launched a PGDM in Digital Marketing in collaboration with an Indian University. As a part of the initiative Aidias Consulting Group took a batch of 15 BBA students from J D Birla College of Management to Cambridge for a week-long immersive experience.
Hospitals and Healthcare
Aidias Consulting Group has extensive experience in consulting and training in hospitals and healthcare sector. Few highlights are presented here:
Fortis Hospitals- Fortis Hospitals had launched in Kolkata with high decibel advertising and media coverage. They had also recruited top consultants in different specialties on full-time basis. The business challenge they faced was lack of referral patients from general practitioners/doctors in private practice only to these reputed consultants. This was impacting the profitability of the hospital severely. Aidias Consulting Group was hired to train the team which used to call upon these private practitioners to motivate them to refer patients to Fortis Hospital. Within 45 days after the training, 67% private practitioners who had been approached earlier and were not referring patients to Fortis, started referring patients to Fortis Hospitals. Encouraged by the success of the programme, Aidias Consulting Group was given the mandate to conduct similar programmes in Bangalore and Mumbai.
ILS Hospitals- Aidias Consulting Group has been associated with ILS Hospitals since 2004. At that time ILS was a 48-bedded nursing home which was trying to reposition itself from a nursing home specialising in laparoscopic surgery to a multi-specialty clinic. Currently, ILS Hospitals have four units offering a combined bed strength of 500 beds and is considered one of the most profitable hospital in its segment. PE investors have invested twice and had their targeted share of returns. Aidias Consulting Group has provided the following services at ILS Hospitals:
- Overall business strategy
- Marketing strategy including launch strategy of the subsequent units
- Recruitment strategy of clinical and non-clinical staff while opening new units
- Development and deployment of HR policy and strategy
- Mentoring of the next generation of the owner’s family into the role of Head of Business
- Training of staff, doctors and leadership teams continuously
- Digital Marketing Audit with recommendations for improving the ROI on digital marketing
Smile & Profile Dental Clinic- Smile & Profile was the pioneer in ‘branded’ dental services under single roof. The brand grew at a rapid pace till the customer experience got impacted since the operations did not keep pace with the business growth. Moreover, new units were not getting patients despite being in operation for few years. New ‘branded’ options had mushroomed providing greater choice to customers. Aidias Consulting Group intervened with the following:
- Creating a new brand identity to rejuvenate the brand
- Reengineer processes and manpower deployment to enhance customer experience
- Continuous training of staff in soft skills to generate positive word of mouth
- Setting up a back office to monitor multiple locations using technology and data
- Naming the new, exclusive unit as Smile & Profile- Advanced instead of Smile & Profile-Premium which was being considered by the owners and launching the same effectively
- Formulating local area marketing strategies for units not getting enough footfalls to increase the business at those clinics
- Currently, Smile and Profile-Advanced is unable to accommodate patients due to the huge demand and all but one unit have become independently profitable
Aidias Consulting Group has impacted business results of several media companies. Few of the highlights are given below:
Prabhat Khabar- Prabhat Khabar is the leading Hindi news paper in the state of Jharkhand and has an impressive presence in the state of Bihar. Aidias Consulting Group got engaged with Prabhat Khabar after it had managed to thwart a hostile takeover bid by a rival media house. During two years of association with Prabhat Khabar the business impacts were:
- Increase in circulation of Prabhat Khabar in Jharkhand by 65000 copies
- Relaunching the newspaper in Kolkata and quickly grow to the number 2 position by a growth of 45000 copies
- Advertisers from national markets who advertise in Prabhat Khabar grew by 86 advertisers resulting in the advertising revenue growth by 400% from national markets
- Set up new stream of non-circulation revenue by creating several customer engagement initiatives with different brands
- Streamlining of processes in news gathering, editing and enhanced judgement in prioritisation of positioning of news which resulted in giving the printing team additional 50 minutes in printing the newspaper in the night
- Making all the district editions independently profitable and increasing the overall profitability of the brand to 28% EBIDTA
Star TV (Hindi Movies Division)- In a competitive media scenario, there is tremendous pressure on the revenue marketing teams of all media houses. Under these circumstances, around 40 revenue marketing executives have undergone an intense training programme by Aidias Consulting Group followed by group mentoring sessions. The results have been encouraging. All except 5 people have been able to convert an advertiser (used as a live case study) in a competitive channel to an advertiser on one of the options offered by the Hindi movie channels of the Star Group.
Mint Newspaper- During the launch of Mint Newspaper a team of 30 hand-picked sales professionals were put together to introduce Mint to the advertisers. These people had come from diverse media backgrounds. Aidias Consulting Group received the mandate to train this team. The unique step undertaken by Aidias Consulting Group to understand the expectations of the advertisers provided the building blocks for the content and method of training the team. At that point of time this type of a pre-training market research was never done in the media industry. The team which launched Mint was rated the best team amongst all media marketing teams in the country for three consecutive years by PITCH which is the leading magazine of the advertising industry.
Dainik Jagaran- Dainik Jagaran has always considered Dainik Bhaskar as its greatest rival. Never had Jagran been able to overtake Dainik Bhaskar in market capitalisation. Two years of continuous training of the revenue marketing team finally helped them achieve their long-standing dream. Their CFO has gone on record appreciating the role and contribution of Aidias Consulting Group in this achievement. During that year Dainik Jagaran’s advertising revenue had increased by 11% where the overall industry has grown by less than 5%.
The Jung Group (Pakistan)- Aidias Consulting Group has conducted several training programmes for the senior management of the Jung Group. These training programmes have helped the senior management to strategize and steer the group through turbulent times which exist in their country. Deepak Pramanik was also given the responsibility of being the Programme Director to conceptualise and execute the Annual Congress of the All Pakistan Newspaper Society in Karachi in 2011. He received a standing ovation after the programme for his concluding presentation (the topic was marketing newspapers to advertisers in 2020) and the overall conduction of the Congress over three days.